Editing the template details allows you to modify how the template is accessed along with how it is seen through dialogs like the New Page dialog.
Editing template details
To edit a template's details, perform the following steps:
Navigate to the Templates page
From the navigation bar, click the "Site Tools" drop-down menu and then select "Templates."
Selecting a template to edit
From the Templates page, scroll to the template you wish to edit, and click "Edit details" to the right of it.
Editing template details
Edit the template's details by performing the following steps:
1. If desired, change the template title.
2. If desired, change the description of the template.
3. Determine the type of your template. If you want your template to appear in the pre-existing choices, label it a "New Page."
Here is an overview of what each template type does:
- Default: Default templates are surfaced in the editor through the "Insert Template" option.
- New Page: New Page templates will show in the "New Page" dialog box so a user can create a new page based on the template.
- Content: Content templates are referenced by other templates for inclusion, but are not surfaced in the "New Page" dialog box. These are useful when referencing a certain component in multiple templates.
4. Once you have selected the appropriate template type, click "Update template properties."
NOTE: If you selected "New Page" for the template type, it will take approximately one minute for the new template to show in the "New Page" dialog box.
The edited template will now be available for use in the section it has been assigned to. Be sure to watch our full training video on using templates for additional details.
Supported Template Types
|Template Type|| |
|Content templates are intended for reusing page formatting through standard editor functions. While it is possible to add DekiScript to content templates, support for DekiScript is available starting at Level 2. || |
|Branding templates are used for targeting sections of the skin to apply customizations including styling and custom objects. || |
|New Page||New Page templates are those templates which appear in the New Page gallery when creating pages. While it is possible to edit the template details for custom templates, details for the following New Page templates are overwritten with each weekly MindTouch update. |
|Functional templates are system required templates utilized for IDF, LightSpeed framework, F1, various integrations and the main engine that drives MindTouch TCS and MindTouch 4. Customizations for these templates are not supported, and may be overwritten by regular release updates. |
All functional templates exist under /Template:MindTouch. Customizing or modifying Functional Templates is not supported. Below is a list of the main sub-sections: