After reading this article, you will be able to configure your site to your liking within the Control Panel. The Control Panel is only accessible to Admin users as Anonymous and Community members do not have access to the Control Panel. It's simple to make your universal changes within MindTouch to basic configurations such as changing the site name, time zones, notifications, and much more.
From your site, navigate to Site Tools > Control Panel.
Admin user only have access to the Control Panel. If a user cannot access the Control Panel, it is advised to speak with their system administrator so the user can become an admin and obtain access to the Control Panel.
Under System Settings on the left hand side, click on Configuration. You will see a display screen that looks identical to the image below:
Note: System Settings is available for any site wide configuration changes that are made, and any updated information that is saved will be effective immediately.
In the Site Options section, there are three options that you can check for your site.
Note: One or more checkboxes can be clicked.
- Allow anyone to create a viewer/commenter account- This does not allow anonymous users to view your entire site although it will enable them to self register for an account.
- Make site private (Anonymous users must sign in) - This will make your entire site private and requires anonymous users to log into your MindTouch site in order to access any information.
- Disable page notifications - This option will disable all page notifications across the site users will not receive any notifications if checked.
- If you wish to change your site name as it will appear in the browser tab, you can do this here. It will look similar to this:
- Once you choose a timezone for your site, it will be viewed on various interfaces such as in the site's Revision History, Site History, and Reports according to the selected time. An example of the timezone displayed in the site history is shown below:
Email Address for User Feedback
- At the end of an article, there is a section where users can rate the page or leave feedback.
By default, any feedback that is left will get sent to the site owner's inbox. If you wish to have feedback get sent elsewhere, then enter a valid email address that you wish to have feedback comments get sent to.
Page Notifications 'Reply-To" Email Address
- You will receive updates from "email@example.com" email address which will send the notifications. Additional information regarding page notifications can be found here.
Custom Help Link
- Label - This is where you can change the default title of help link which is set to 'Support' and it redirects users to success.mindtouch.com.
- URL - Place the URL of the help link where you wish to have users redirected to when clicked.
After the information is saved, you will see that the help link is changed and when clicked, it will redirect users to Google.
Finally, Save Changes.
You should now have the following information that was configured for your system. These changes will be effective immediately throughout your entire site.
After your site is configured, there are other configurations that can be done in the Control Panel such as CSS customization, PDF customization, and your site's logo.
- To help jumpstart your site with CSS customization, jump to some sample content CSS that can be added in the Control Panel under Custom Site CSS.
- If you want to download your articles into PDFs, there are many ways that you can customize the look and feel of the outlook under Custom PDF CSS. Take a look at the different customization options here: Sample PDF Styles.
- Implementing a logo on your site is crucial and beneficial for brand recognition. Your logo will be displayed across your site in the upper left hand corner in the header. Take a look at this article as it will take you through a step by step process to implement a logo on your site: Updating Logo, Favicon, and Apple Touch Icon.