The MindTouch link manager allows administrators to update broken or redirected links to ensure users are able to find the information they need and to improve a site's search ranking by eliminating Page Not Found (404) messages. Follow the steps in this article to update broken or redirected links.
- Run a link report.
- In the results table, click the link of the page on which you want to update the broken or moved link(s).
- Open the page in Edit mode.
Update links via View mode
- Locate the link (look for the text displayed in the Content column of the link report).
- Click the link and select Edit link.
- Replace the URL or hyperlink in question with your desired URL.
- Click Save link.
Update links via Source mode
- In the editor, click View > Source.
- Press Command +F (Control+F) and search for the broken link.
- Update the href link with a working link.
- Click Save.
Verify the status of your link
Refresh your report and verify the status of your link has changed.
Learn about our on-page alerts to help you improve your site structure and SEO.