If any of your content requires authentication to access it, use the Sign-In Touchpoint in conjunction with the Search Touchpoint, Search-In-Place Touchpoint, or Customer Insights Touchpoint to extend your MindTouch content into other web properties.
- Anonymous users (users who are not signed in to your MindTouch site) encounter the sign-in button to your MindTouch site on your web property or in your application.
- When users click the sign-in button, a new browser window opens and the user is prompted to sign in to your MindTouch site. User credentials may auto-populate if the user information was previously cached.
- After the user clicks Sign in, the page redirects to the page designated during your Touchpoint configuration (your homepage, by default).
- On your web property or in your application, the sign-in Touchpoint automatically updates to show that the user is now signed in.
- Admin access to your MindTouch site
- Developer access to the web property or application where you will embed the Sign-In Touchpoint
Implement Sign-in Touchpoint
- Navigate to Site Tools > Dashboard > Integrations > Touchpoints Management
- Select Create a Touchpoint > Sign-In > Select Type
- Fill in the configuration fields:
- Name - A unique name to easily identify the Touchpoint
- Host - Host name or domain where the Touchpoint will be embedded (comma-separated host names and wildcards are allowed)
- Description - Optional description
- Custom CSS - Optional custom styling
- Sign in redirect page location - The page to auto-load after users sign in. Click the pencil icon to change it from your MindTouch home page
- Sign in label - The text label displayed prompting users to sign in
- Authenticated user label - Optional text label to display after a user authenticates. Default is Signed into MindTouch as [username]
- Authentication provider - Optional alternative authentication provider (requires additional authentication provider(s) to be configured on the MindTouch site)
- Select Add this Touchpoint > Copy code to clipboard
- Embed the Touchpoint code into the HTML of any web property or application for which that Touchpoint is configured.
To test the Sign-In Touchpoint, sign out of your MindTouch site and sign in where you embedded the Touchpoint. Verify that you are redirected to the correct MindTouch page and that the sign-in icon displays the user display name.