Contextual Help via Content IDs
- Applies to:
- MindTouch (current)
- Role required:
Configure dynamic links to embed on external web pages or applications.
Why Use Content IDs with Contextual Help?
Use content IDs if you embed a Contextual Help Touchpoint tool in an external web page or application. In case the MindTouch page linked to the Contextual Help link ever needs to be changed, the change needs to only occur in the Content ID Manager.
Configure Contextual Help with Content IDs
- Create and embed your Contextual Help link
- Initially, configure your contextual help link with a standard URL to make troubleshooting dependencies easier if needed
- Verify your Contextual Help link is working
- Configure your content ID
- Replace the Contextual Help link's
hrefattribute with the content ID location (ex: