This guide explains how to integrate MindTouch GeniusLink into Salesforce. This integration comes as a collection of packages. Install the below base package first and then the install the appropriate package for Salesforce Cloud environment you'd like this integration to work from within.
|MindTouch GeniusLink for Salesforce (1.4)
|A common base package required for every MindTouch integration.|
- Users using this integration need to be Pro Members.
- Your Salesforce admin needs to install this integration in Salesforce.
- Your MindTouch site will need to be configured with an SSL.
Install the Base GeniusLink Package (Required for all Salesforce integrations)
The base package is a requirement for each integration. As a Salesforce administrator, install MindTouch GeniusLink for Salesforce (1.4).
Select the users to grant access to and click Install to proceed. Depending on your environment, Salesforce may send an email after the package has been installed.
Configure The Base GeniusLink Package (Required)
After installing the MindTouch GeniusLink for Salesforce package, you will need to configure your settings. On the Salesforce setup screen (click your username > Setup) find the section for Develop > Custom Settings.
Once in the custom settings list, select Manage next to MindTouch Settings.
Once in the MindTouch Settings details, click on the New button at the top.
In that screen, update your MindTouch settings:
|Customer Activity ID Field||Field used to lookup user activity on MindTouch.||MindTouchUserName|
|Case Search Field||The field to coduct the search on. Leave this at Subject||Subject
|Site Name||The name of your MindTouch site, this will be displayed at the top of the widget.||Success Center|
|MindTouch URL||The url of your MindTouch site.||https://success.mindtouch.com|
|Publish Article Path||The parent page that all new articles will be published under.||/Private_Articles|
|Search Constraint||A set of search parameters to constrain how search results are populated.||+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles|
Once you have successfully saved the settings, you will be redirected to the MindTouch Settings Detail screen.
Configure The Search Constraint
The search constraint parameter defaults to the following, which ensures that only MindTouch articles are returned; this omits templates, and file attachments:
If you'd like to further omit a specific section of your site, you could use the following; this example additionally omits search results for content under the section "/Private_Articles":
+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles
Add your site to approved Remote Sites (Required)
To take full advantage of the GeniusLink you will need to add your MindTouch site as an approved site in Salesforce. If you skip this step, you can still use GeniusLink Search, but you cannot relate articles to cases.
In the setup screen, on the left side bar and under Administration Setup, select Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
In the All Remote Sites screen click on the New Remote Site button and fill out fields with the corresponding values:
- Remote Site Name: Name of your MindTouch Site (no spaces)
- Remote Site URL: The (https) url of your MindTouch Site
- MindTouch URL: The (https) url of your MindTouch site
- Disable Protocol Security: Disable site protocol security. (This may have security implications if value is disabled). Leave Unchecked
- Description: Description of the Remote Site (optional)
- Active: Is the remote site connection Active
Save your settings.
Setup Reports (If Applicable)
- Follow the steps in this article to setup your reports: Create Reports in Salesforce.
Currently, reports are supported for the following objects:
- The Case object, using the "MindTouch Related Article" custom object.
- The Opportunity object, using the "MindTouch Related Article (Opp)" custom object.
Every time a MindTouch article is linked to a Case or Opportunity, a new custom object is created which can be reported on.