Learn how to effortlessly set up, configure and customize the MindTouch contextual help system for your web applications.
MindTouch contextual help dialog walkthrough
MindTouch contextual help can be triggered from anywhere you want to place your application's help link or image.
When the help link is clicked, the contextual help dialog will open on top of your current page. Your contextual help content will appear inside.
F1 dialog controls can be customized and include the following by default:
- Back: navigate to a previous page.
- Forward: when navigating to a previous page, a user can choose to move forward to the page they were on before.
- Home: return to the starting page of the contextual help dialog
- Open Article: opens the current article in a new window or tab.
- Search: opens a new window or tab to a search results page for the knowledge base they were searching.
To close the contextual help dialog, users need only click on the close button in the upper right hand corner, or click outside the dialog container.
The benefits of MindTouch contextual help include
- An out-of-the-box contextual help system that leverages MindTouch TCS for authoring, discovery and curation analytics
- Lowered dependency on engineering resources
- Increased customer engagement and satisfaction
- Reduced support costs by bringing self-serve support documents straight to your users, right within your app
- Easy setup and deployment in your apps