Touchpoint for CRM is a collection of Touchpoint integrations designed to provide customer insights to your agents in your CRM and ticketing systems to better answer customer service requests.
Integrate MindTouch Touchpoints into your CRM or ticketing system to provide:
- Insight into customer behavior. Support agents gain valuable insight into the user behavior of customers who are submitting tickets
- Targeted ticket resolution. Support agents are better equipped to answer customer questions, provide meaningful direction, and close tickets faster
- Self-service opportunities. Customers will be more satisfied with their experience and have opportunities to learn, self-serve, and engage
- Content quality control. Content managers gain insight into which documentation is lacking in providing help to customers
A custom Touchpoint integration may look different for every platform, but the following Touchpoints solve for typical CRM and ticketing system use cases.
Not all functionalities are available out of the box. These recommended integrations can be accomplished with Touchpoints in addition to some development and configuration, resulting in complete integrations similar in behavior to MindTouch for Zendesk.
The complete Touchpoint for CRM collection includes Customer Insights, Search-In-Place, Sign-In, and publishing capabilities.
Agents can learn about a ticket submitter's MindTouch page view and search history from inside their ticketing system window.
Agents can search your MindTouch site from within the ticketing system to find relevant content and link content to a support ticket response.
Agents can systematically mark and organize tickets to allow for the creation of new content when necessary.
Mindtouch vs. Systems Integrator Responsibility
- Provides the Touchpoints code and customer insights token
- Provides the Touchpoints configuration options
- Maintains the Touchpoints code and quality assurance
Provides parameters such as default search terms, customer ID, etc.
- Provides custom behavior, such as what happens when "link to case" is clicked
- Responsible for research of the CRM integration process
- Responsible for understanding the unique platform ecosystem
- Responsible for any needed custom development efforts to integrate Touchpoints into a CRM environment
- Responsible for any testing and quality assurance needs
Common Touchpoints for CRM Integrations
Sign-In: Allows users to authenticate from any web property.
Customer Insights: Shows your user's MindTouch search and viewing history. Requires a customer insights token to pass user data into your ticketing system.
Search-In-Place: Allows users to search your MindTouch site from any web property.
Prerequisites for Creating a Touchpoint
- Admin access to your MindTouch site
- Admin access to your third-party ticketing system or CRM
- Understanding of the ticketing system's integration or development environment
A developer resource may be needed if you want to customize a Touchpoint beyond out-of-box configuration settings.
- Embed your Touchpoints into your ticketing system interface
- Configure your ticketing form to pass through user data via a token
For your CRM, determine how to implement the MindTouch components at these two points. See an example of how we accomplished this with MindTouch for Zendesk.