To generate an API token, you must be an Administrator and have an allowance of tokens.
Why you need a server API token
Server API tokens are used to create integrations from your server application and the MindTouch API. The token consists of a key and a secret which are used to sign API requests, allowing valid requests through and rejecting invalid or expired requests. The token secret is meant to be kept in a secure place, and should never be shared or sent across the internet in plain text.
How to generate a server API token
- Navigate to Site tools > Dashboard > Integrations > API Token Management.
- If you cannot find API token management within Integrations, contact your Customer Success Manager to enable the feature.
- In the Add an API token section, select the Server radio button.
- Enter a token Name and click Generate API token.
- When prompted, copy your API secret to a safe location.
Do not close the Token created window without documenting your secret. Your API token key will not function without your secret, and your secret will no longer be accessible once the window is closed. Both the key and the secret are necessary for integrating with the MindTouch API, so don't lose them.