The Classifications feature in the control panel allows Administrators to create custom classifications with unique labels and tags. Custom classifications allow for quicker and a more personalized navigation through your guides and even help keep tabs on workflow events. Create new classifications, add a recursive setting to customized classifications, delete existing labels, and add to pre-existing ones.
Add a custom classifications
- In the Control Panel, navigate to Systems Settings > Classifications.
- Enter an all lowercased Prefix for your custom classification (A). (In case you are curious: the prefix is associated with the label that the system uses to store your article's classification information).
- Enter your Label (B). Just keep in mind that label is forward-facing text that is visible to your users, so choose something meaningful.
- Check the Recursive checkbox (C) if you want the children (sub-articles) of a page to receive the same classification as their parent.
- Click Add Classification and you have created your new custom classification!
- You must create tags (!) to finish setting up your classification.
Now that you have created your custom classification, create your custom tags:
- The custom classification table header (A) shows the label and prefix (in parentheses) of your newly created classification. If you change your mind and need to edit your label or prefix, just click the blue pencil icon and rename.
- Want to delete the whole list of classifications? Click the Delete list button on the right and your newly created classification will be no more.
- Enter the Tags for your custom classification (B). Your tag column should be empty, but we added some tags for demonstration purposes (and because the table looked a bit empty otherwise). If you are editing an existing classification, your existing tags will show up here. Note: Tags are limited to letters, numbers, hyphens (-) and underscores (_).
- Enter a Label for each tag (C). Again, the labels are the forward-facing component of a tag (i.e. they are chosen from a classification's drop-down list), so give some thought to what tag names might make most sense to your users.
- Once you have chosen your tags and labels, click Add Tag to complete the classification customization.
- Should you need to edit a tag, simply click the blue pencil icon in the row of that tag (D) and make your changes.
- To delete a tag, click the blue x (D).