Add a table
- Click the Table button.
- Highlight the number of rows and columns you want to appear in your table.
Change the appearance of your table
We have fine-tuned the Table Properties making it more manageable to edit different properties within the table.
- Headings: Add bolded styling to your text in the first row and/or first column of your table.
- Width: You can adjust the width of your table either by pixels or percentage. By default when a table is created it will start at 100% width.
- Border Size: Border size can be adjusted as well, this is determined by pixel size.
- Cell Padding: Cell padding will adjust the cell size within the table. The only way to implement this is with custom CSS that will allow this to override the table's CSS.
- StyleSheet Classes: Custom stylesheets can be added to change up your table's styles.
- Caption: Enter a caption for the table. The caption is a useful tool for creating tables that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Summary: Enter a summary of the table. The summary is useful for users with disabilities who cannot easily consume the information in a table.
- Responsive: Choose this option to allow tables to resize on smaller screens (recommended!).
- If you right click anywhere in the cell you merged together you will see that "Unmerge cells" is now click-able. You can select "Unmerge cells" and your borders will go back to how they looked pre-merge. You can only unmerge cells once, selecting "unmerge cells" will undo the last merge and that is all. When unmerging, the content will remain in the farthest left column.
- Merge Cells: To use this feature you have to have at least, but not limited to, two cells that are side by side, vertically or horizontally. Select the cells you would like to merge, and right click to open the context menu and select "Merge selected cells."
Note: To change the background color of a cell just click on the "Background Color" option shown below. To do this for multiple cells, highlight the ones you want and click the same button.
Add or remove rows and columns
Our Table Handler make it easy for your to add and remove rows and columns within your table as quick as a click of your mouse!
1. At the top of the column your cursor is on there is a left arrow and right arrow. Clicking the right arrow will add a column to the right of the column you are on, and clicking the left arrow will add one to the left.
2. Decide that you didn't want that column? Navigate your cursor to the column you would like removed and click the X above it and it's gone!
3. The same can be done with the rows of your table:
Edit your table
The context menu, also known as a right-click menu, is another way to edit the sections of your table. It also gives you access to Table Properties:
Vertical align: If you have a cell longer than its peers within its row the content will automatically align in the middle of the cell. If you would like to configure the content to align at the top or bottom of the cell just hover over the vertical align option, select one of the three options, top, middle, or bottom.
- After creating a table, you can choose which cell you want to add data to by clicking inside it.
- Type the data you want to add.
- There are several methods to navigate thorough the cells within your table:
- Clicking Tab on your keyboard will help you navigate to the adjacent cell to the right. If you are at the end of a row (to the far right) your cursor will move to the next row below. Using SHIFT + TAB will navigate to the nearest cell to the left. If you are at the end of a row (to the far left) your cursor will move to the row above.
- Using your arrow keys, you can navigate up, down, left, or right to the cells adjacent to where your cursor is.
- (Optional) Use the buttons on the toolbar to add text formatting (eg. font, size, color), links, bullets, and images.