As a best practice, MindTouch recommends hosting videos with a third party host, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, etc. From there, your video host can provide embed code that is browser and plugin independent, and is future compliant with HTML and CSS. MindTouch allows authors to embed this third-party code through the same video dialog that is also used for it's native player.
How to add third-party embed code
Each third-party video hosting provider will have their own embed code available to be customized. In this example, we will be using Vimeo's embed code.
- Copy your third-party embed code.
- Open the editor for the page you wish to place the video on.
- Click the Video icon found in the editor toolbar.
- Inside the video dialog, click the Embed tab, and paste your code in the textbox.
- Click Insert video to embed on your page.
Troubleshooting note for Brightcove customers