This article reviews the password strength requirements when creating or resetting a password. Having a strong password reduces the chance of someone guessing your password.
Author: Corey Ganser
This article will review the restrictions that MindTouch requires when adding or setting a new password.
Password strength requirements
- When setting or changing a password, you need to make sure that the password has the following requirements:
- The password must be at least 8 characters in length.
- The password must contain at least 2 of the following characters: lowercase, uppercase, digits or symbols.
- The password cannot contain common words, for example:
- The word "password" cannot be included and is case sensitive. Variations with symbols and numbers such as p@$$word are allowed.
When you are setting a password, you'll see the image below which will put a green checkmark next to the requirements when they are fulfilled and a yellow triangle next to the requirements that aren't met.
Verification of the password
When you are setting your password, it will also verify that you entered the same password in the Retype New Password field. If you are setting the password in My Preferences, it will also require you to enter in your previous password.