Connect your users across multiple site properties by adding an embeddable search Touchpoint that will funnel them to your support documentation.
- Admin access to your site's control panel
- Touchpoint enabled on your site
- SSL (HTTPS) set up for your site
Create and configure your Touchpoint
- Login to your site and and click Site tools from the MindTouch toolbar.
- Select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Web Widgets.
- Click the Search Touchpoint link to expand the configuration form.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Touchpoint configuration form fields:
|Name||Use this field to give your Touchpoint a unique name so it is easier to identify.|
|Host||This is the hostname or domain where your will embed your Touchpoint and allow it to be used. You may use comma separated hostnames and wildcards.|
|Path||The URL path inside your MindTouch site you want to be searched. You can start at the home page (default) or restrict your results to a particular hierarchy.|
|Input hint||This is the helper text that appears inside the search field. The default text is "Search."|
|New browser tab||Select whether you want to open the search results page in a new window/tab.|
- Click Add this widget.
- The Widget created dialog appears displaying your Touchpoint configuration.
Review created Touchpoints
In the Currently enabled web widgets section, review your Touchpoint configurations and their embed codes.
Learn how to embed your search Touchpoint in your site or web application.