This article describes how to create and configure the search Touchpoint.
- Administrative access to the control panel of your MindTouch site
- Touchpoints enabled on your site
- Site configured for HTTPS over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Contextual help configured on your domain
Create your search Touchpoint
Perform the following steps to create and configure the search Touchpoint:
Step 1: Access the control panel
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Site tools > Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations >Touchpoints > Search.
- Review the search configuration fields:
Step 2: Configure the search Touchpoint
Fill out the following fields to configure the search Touchpoint:
- Name. Unique name to easily identify the Touchpoint.
- Host. Host name or domain where the Touchpoint will be embedded. (You may use comma separated host names and wildcards.)
If you want to apply a Touchpoint throughout your site and all subdomains, do NOT enter
www.<yourdomain>.com. Instead, enter
- Search location. The page URL of the MindTouch hierarchy you want your users to search. (By default the home page is designated as the starting point for search).
- Input hint. The text displayed in the search bar field (by default "Search").
- Select whether you want to open the search results page in a new browser window.
Step 3: Create the search Touchpoint
Click Add this Touchpoint.
Step 4: Copy your embed code
When prompted, click Copy code to clipboard to copy the embed code of your search Touchpoint.
To review your Touchpoint configuration or copy the embed code later, navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoints > Currently enabled Touchpoints.
Step 5: Embed your search Touchpoint
To embed the Touchpoint into your web page or application, follow the steps outlined in our article on embedding search Touchpoints.