This article describes how to create and configure a search-in-place tool to embed into your web properties and applications.
- Administrative access to the control panel of your MindTouch site
- Touchpoints enabled on your site
- Site configured for HTTPS over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Contextual help configured on your domain
How to create your search-in-place tool
Perform the following steps to create and configure the search-in-place tool:
Step 1: Access the Touchpoint toolbox
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Site tools > Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations >Touchpoint Toolbox > Search-in-Place.
- Review the search-in-place configuration fields:
Step 2: Configure the search-in-place tool
Enter your configuration information:
- Name. Unique name to easily identify the search-in-place tool.
- Host. Host name or domain where the search-in-place tool will be embedded. (You may use comma separated host names and wildcards.)
If you want to apply a search-in-place tool throughout your site and all subdomains, do NOT enter
www.<yourdomain>.com. Instead, enter
- Search location. The page URL of the MindTouch hierarchy you want your users to search. (By default the home page is designated as the starting point for search).
- Input hint. The text displayed in the search bar field (by default "Search").
- Search query. Search terms to auto-populate your search results.
- Height. The container height of your search-in-place tool. We recommend using percentages or ems as CSS units of measure to keep your display responsive. The default setting is 100%.
- Width. Set the container width of your search-in-place tool. We recommend using percentages or ems as CSS units of measure to keep your display responsive. The default setting is 100%.
- Select whether you want to include search recommendations.
- Select whether you want to allow users to access drop-down search filters to refine their search criteria.
Step 3: Create the search-in-place tool
Click Add this Touchpoint tool.
Step 4: Copy your embed code
When prompted, click Copy code to clipboard to copy the embed code of your search-in-place tool.
To review your search-in-place tool configuration or to copy the embed code later, navigate to System Settings > Integrations >Touchpoint Toolbox > Currently enabled Touchpoint tools.
Step 5: Embed your search-in-place tool
To embed the search-in-place tool into your web page or application, follow the steps outlined in our article on how to embed your search-in-place tool.