This article provides steps for embedding the MindTouch contextual help Touchpoint on your web properties or applications.
- Creation of a contextual help Touchpoint.
- Basic HTML skills.
- Rights of authorship on the page on which you want to embed the Touchpoint.
- If applicable, the custom CSS selector specified during Touchpoint configuration.
Embed the contextual help Touchpoint
Step 1: Copy the embed code
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoints.
- Scroll to Currently enabled Touchpoints, select your Touchpoint and click Copy code to clipboard.
Step 2: Embed the contextual help Touchpoint
- Navigate to the page on which you want to embed your contextual help Touchpoint.
- Decide where on the page you want to add the contextual help Touchpoint.
- If necessary, consult with your product developers to access the HTML of your web application.
- Paste the embed code directly into the HTML of your web page or application.
Step 3: Create a help dialog link in your HTML code
To trigger your contextual help dialog, perform the following steps:
- Add a link via
<a>tags to your HTML code.
- Inside your
<a>tag, create a
classand assign the custom CSS selector you specified during Touchpoint configuration (by default
- For the
hrefattribute, specify the page on which you want your help dialog to open.
- Save your HTML changes.
Step 4: Test your Touchpoint
- Open your web page or application.
- The contextual help link should look like any other link (unless you have defined a specific style for the link).
- Click the link to verify the contextual help dialog loads the appropriate page.
Explore the contextual help button Touchpoint.