After creating your contextual help Touchpoint, follow the steps below to embed your Touchpoint into any web site or application for which you have rights of authorship.
- Basic HTML skills
- Access to edit the location you wish to embed the Touchpoint
- Creation of a contextual help Touchpoint
Copy the embed code
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Web Widgets.
- Scroll down the page to the Currently enabled web widgets section, find your Touchpoint and click Copy code to clipboard.
Embed the Touchpoint
- Find the location in your site or application where you want to embed the Touchpoint and paste the embed code directly into the HTML.
- To trigger your contextual help dialog, you need to create a link in your HTML that contains the specified CSS selector you specified when creating your Touchpoint.
- Save your HTML changes.
View your Touchpoint
- View your site or web application in your browser of choice.
- The Touchpoint link appears like any other site link, unless you have a specific style for it.
- When the link is clicked, a dialog with the appropriate help article loaded appears.