This article provides steps for embedding the MindTouch contextual help button on your web properties or applications.
- A contextual help button created
- Basic HTML skills
- Edit access to the page or application where you want to embed the contextual help button
How to embed the contextual help button
Step 1: Copy the embed code
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoints Toolbox.
- Scroll down the page to the Currently enabled Touchpoint tools section, find your tool and click Copy code to clipboard.
Step 2: Embed the contextual help button
- Navigate to the page on which you want to embed your contextual help button.
- Decide where on the page you want to add the contextual help button.
- If necessary, consult with your product developers to access the HTML of your web application.
- Paste the embed code directly into the HTML of your web page or application.
- Save your HTML changes.
Do NOT place this code in the
head section of your HTML. The code MUST be placed in the
Step 3: Test your contextual help button
- Open your web page or application.
- Click the contextual help button to verify the contextual help dialog loads the appropriate page.
Explore the search tool.