This article provides steps for embedding the MindTouch contextual help button Touchpoint on your web properties or applications.
- Creation of a contextual help button Touchpoint.
- Basic HTML skills
- Access to edit the location you wish to embed the Touchpoint
Embed the contextual help button Touchpoint
Step 1: Copy the embed code
- From the Site tools menu on the MindTouch toolbar, select Control panel.
- Navigate to System Settings > Integrations > Touchpoints.
- Scroll down the page to the Currently enabled Touchpoints section, find your Touchpoint and click Copy code to clipboard.
Step 2: Embed the contextual help button Touchpoint
- Navigate to the page on which you want to embed your contextual help button Touchpoint.
- Decide where on the page you want to add the contextual help button Touchpoint.
- If necessary, consult with your product developers to access the HTML of your web application.
- Paste the embed code directly into the HTML of your web page or application.
You CANNOT use this code in the
head section of your HTML. The code MUST be pasted in the
Step 3: Test your Touchpoint
- Open your web page or application.
- Click the contextual help button to verify the contextual help dialog loads the appropriate page.
Explore the search Touchpoint.