This article provides an overview of the contextual help button tool.
What is the contextual help button tool?
The contextual help button tool is a Touchpoint tool that allows you to embed a contextual help button in your web properties and applications so that your users can access your authoritative MindTouch product documentation or help content anywhere, anytime.
Currently, contextual help buttons CANNOT be branded. If you want to use custom styled buttons, we recommend using the contextual help tool instead.
Example use case
A company's most tech-savvy employee was delegated to potentially buy your product for possible company-wide adoption. She finds your site and gets the sense that your product indeed would fit her company's needs. While researching your product further on your site, she wants to find answers to some technical questions before making a purchase decision. Knowing that product validation is an imperative step in a buyer's decision-making process you embedded contextual help buttons on your marketing product pages. With the contextual help buttons surfacing the right content, our researcher finds the information she needs without having to leave your site, having to rely on third-party information or being distracted by other product offerings. She makes an immediate decision, and your sale is accelerated.
How users experience the contextual help button tool
- Users on your site or in your product have a question, see a contextual help button, and click it:
- An interactive pop-up window displays the page you designated during setup and users have the option to browse further:
- Back. Displays the page that previously viewed in the contextual help dialog.
- Forward. Displays the next page viewed in the contextual help dialog.
- Home. Takes users to the home page of your MindTouch site.
- Open article. Opens the current article inside your MindTouch site in a new tab or window.
- The search bar allows users to search your MindTouch site for additional content.
Start creating the contextual help button tool to create a MindTouch Touchpoint in your web properties and applications.