This article provides an overview of MindTouch Touchpoints—what they are, where to use them, the various types available, and how to get them.
What are MindTouch Touchpoints?
MindTouch Touchpoints are interactive communication points in a customer's journey supported by embeddable Touchpoint tools. Touchpoints allow you to connect your product documentation to your customers and agents at very specific moments anywhere on your web properties or applications. With the right set of tools embedded, your customers and agents can click a link or button, sign in to your MindTouch site and enter a search to access your product documentation.
Why should I create Touchpoints?
Touchpoints help your customers and agents succeed not only post-sale but also during research and validation micromoments. In short, use Touchpoints to take advantage of the power of your product documentation to rocket-fuel a low-effort, self-service strategy and impact the following:
- Customer engagement. Provide additional product help when users are trying to educate themselves or solve a problem on their own (support site).
- Upsell opportunities. Suggest additional products or add-ons as customers are buying a product (e-commerce site).
- Brand engagement. Provide additional details on functionalities to turn users into product experts (support site or in-product).
- Technical validation. Make product information easily available to potential customers who are researching your product (marketing site).
- Sales execution. Offer last-minute product information to customers who are about to abandon their shopping carts (e-commerce site).
- Product adoption. Provide additional details on functionalities to give customers the opportunity to become successful product adopters (support site or in-product).
- Agent enablement. Empower your support and sales teams with access to the most current and relevant solutions.
- Knowledge management. Identify and close self-service documentation gaps.
What if I'm using Salesforce, Zendesk or SAP?
If you are using a Salesforce, Zendesk or SAP platform, go here for more information:
How do I get Touchpoints?
Not sure your licensing package includes MindTouch Touchpoints? Here's how to find out:
- Fetch your MindTouch licensing package.
- Review how many Touchpoints you are entitled to use.
- Don't see Touchpoints included in your licensing package? Or want more? Contact your customer success manager.