At MindTouch, creating and searching your content is serious business. We understand that your customers need to quickly and accurately find the right information. If your customers are consistently failing to locate the right content when they need it, you could risk customer retention. The MindTouch HelpRank algorithm identifies the best search results for your customers. Providing your customers with an effective search experience decreases your customer effort, which is a key driver in customer loyalty. Tuning your search experience by increasing your article HelpRank will get your customers the answers they need to succeed.
What is MindTouch HelpRank?
The following define the MindTouch HelpRank. HelpRank is:
- an algorithm that evaluates both the contents of the article and user interactions with the article.
- a measurement that indicates the value of an individual MindTouch article.
- used by the MindTouch search capability to determine the order of your search results.
- created to enhance your MindTouch search experience.
How do I improve my HelpRank?
The key to improving your HelpRank is content. Content that is rich and targeted is going to perform much better for your users and therefore is going to have a better HelpRank. Use the following guidelines to increase the HelpRank of your articles:
- Use descriptive text that is intuitive and self-explanatory.
- Use web-search friendly keywords in your titles, content and tags to increase your presence on web searches.
- Use synonyms in your content and tags.
- Use persona-based or action-based titles, not functional titles:
- Like this: "How do I improve search?" (persona)
- Or this: "Improve search results" (action)
- Not like this: "Search recommendations" (functional)
The full HelpRank algorithm is proprietary, but we can share with you that the HelpRank algorithm utilizes the following inputs to determine the value of your article:
- Page contents
Can I override HelpRank?
Absolutely, we understand that sometimes you know better than the computer. In situations where your search results are not yielding your preferred articles, you have the opportunity to introduce a search recommendation. Search recommendations work kind of like search ads. They display at the top of the search results page and are visually distinguished from other articles. As long as you are a site administrator you can create search recommendations in Site tools > Control panel > Search.