This document explains how to integrate MindTouch GeniusLink in your Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Prerequisites & important notes:
- The Salesforce Base Package must be installed.
- Users who want to publish using this integration must be pro members.
- Your Salesforce admin needs to install this integration in Salesforce.
- Your Salesforce org has to have Sales Cloud enabled.
- Your MindTouch site will need to be configured with an SSL.
Set up Salesforce Sales Cloud
- In the Package Installer, on Step 1, review and approve the object permissions needed to use this widget and click Next.
- On Step 2, select Grant access to admins only and click Next.
- On Step 3, click Install to install the package.
- Upon successful installation, the Package Details page displays a message informing of the completed installation.
Edit GeniusLink settings
Once you have successfully installed your MindTouch GeniusLink widget, you need to set up the integration settings:
- Click your name in the upper right.
- Select Setup.
- Under App Setup, select Develop > Custom Settings.
- In Custom Settings, select Manage next to MindTouch Settings.
- On the MindTouch Settings page, click New at the top of the dialog to create a new default organization level value.
- In the MindTouch Settings Edit dialog edit your settings.
|Location Case Search Field||The field to conduct the search on. Leave this at Subject.|
|Site Name||The name of your MindTouch site. This will be displayed at the top of the widget.|
|MindTouch URL||The URL of your MindTouch site.|
|Publish Article Path||The path in your MindTouch site where created articles will post to.|
|Customer Activity ID Field||This is the API name of the custom field within a case you have created to store the MindTouch customer activity ID. Example: customer_activity_id__c|
- Click Save.
- Once you have successfully saved the settings, you will be redirected to the MindTouch Settings Detail screen.
Add your site to approved remote sites
In order to take full advantage of GeniusLink you need to add your MindTouch site as an approved site in Salesforce.
- In the Setup dialog, under Administration Setup, select Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
- In the All Remote Sites dialog, click New Remote Site and enter the corresponding values:
|Remote Site Name||Name of your MindTouch site (no spaces).|
|Remote Site URL||The (https) URL of your MindTouch site.|
|MindTouch URL||The (https) URL of your MindTouch site.|
|Disable Protocol Security||Disable site protocol security. (This may have security implications if value is disabled). Leave unchecked.|
|Description||Description of the remote site (optional).|
|Active||Check to make remote site connection active.|
- Click Save.
- You should be able to access your GeniusLink application with full functionalities.
Add Related Articles to the Case Page Layout
Once you have successfully installed the GeniusLink widget and configured the custom MindTouch settings, you can now add the Related Articles object by customizing the case view:
- In the Setup menu, under App Setup, select Customize > Cases > Page Layouts.
- Under Case Page Layouts, select Edit next to Case Feed Layout.
- In the Case Layout Editor tools, select Related Lists and find MindTouch Related Articles.
- Click and drag the MindTouch Related Articles list to any place on the layout panel, preferably under Related List.
- Click the wrench icon to edit the properties.
- In the Related List Properties - MindTouch Related Articles dialog, add the fields you want to display in the Related Articles list. Once you are satisfied with the fields, click OK.
- Click Save in the Case Layout Editor tools.
- Navigate to Cases in your Sales Cloud console and verify the MindTouch Related Articles list.
Add GeniusLink to SalesCloud Opportunities
Once you have successfully installed the GeniusLink widget and have configured the custom MindTouch settings, you can now add the GeniusLink widget to your Sales Cloud screen:
- On the Setup menu, under App Setup, select Customize > Opportunities > Page Layouts.
- Under Opportunity Page Layouts, select Edit next to Opportunity Layout.
- In the Opportunity Layout dialog, from the Fields section, select and drag Section to an area within the opportunity details.
- In the Section Properties dialog, enter the following details:
|Display Section Header On||Detail Page, Edit Page|
- Click OK to save the new section.
- To confirm the section was added successfully, look for it under Opportunity Detail.
Add a search component to Opportunities
After you have successfully added a new section, add the search component:
- Select Visualforce Pages in the components section.
- Drag and drop the mindtouch_search_opportunities to the newly created MindTouch section.
- Click the wrench icon to configure the Visualforce Pages.
- In the Visualforce Page Properties dialog, enter the following values:
|Height||400 (400 pixels in the minimum recommended height)|
|Show scrollbars||leave unchecked|
|Show label||leave unchecked|
- Click Save to save your changes and view the newly installed integration.