This guide explains how to integrate MindTouch GeniusLink into Salesforce. This integration comes as a collection of packages. Install the below base package first and then the install the appropriate package for Salesforce Cloud environment you'd like this integration to work from within.
|MindTouch GeniusLink for Salesforce (1.8)
|A common base package required for every MindTouch integration.|
- Users using this integration need to be pro members in order to publish articles from Salesforce, and utilize Insights.
- Users who only need to search for MindTouch articles can be community members.
- Your Salesforce admin needs to install this integration in Salesforce.
- Your MindTouch site will need to be configured with an SSL.
Install the GeniusLink base package (required for all Salesforce integrations)
- The base package is a requirement for each integration. As a Salesforce administrator, install MindTouch GeniusLink for Salesforce (1.4).
- Select the users to grant access to and click Install to proceed. Depending on your environment, Salesforce may send an email after the package has been installed.
Configure the GeniusLink base package (required)
After installing the GeniusLink base package, you will need to configure your settings:
- Click on your username and select Setup.
- In the setup screen, in the App Setup side bar, navigate to Develop > Custom Settings.
- In the Custom Settings list, select Manage in the Action column.
- In MindTouch Settings, click New at the top.
- In the MindTouch Settings Edit dialog, update your MindTouch settings:
- Configure the fields as follows:
|Customer Activity ID Field||Field used to look up user activity on MindTouch.||MindTouchUserName|
|Case Search Field||The field to conduct the search on. Leave as Subject.||Subject
|Publish Article Path||The parent page that all new articles will be published under.||/Private_Articles|
|Search Constraint||A set of search parameters to constrain how search results are populated.||+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles|
|Site Name||The name of your MindTouch site to be displayed at the top of the widget.||Success Center|
|MindTouch URL||The URL of your MindTouch site.||https://success.mindtouch.com|
- Once you have successfully saved the settings, you will be redirected to the MindTouch Settings Detail screen.
Configure the search constraint
This default search constraint parameter ensures that only MindTouch articles are returned (omits templates and file attachments):
If you'd like to further omit a specific section of your site, use the following (omits search results for content under the section "/Private_Articles"):
+namespace:main AND type:wiki AND -path:Private_Articles/* AND -path:Private_Articles
Add your site to approved remote sites (required)
In order to take full advantage of GeniusLink, add your MindTouch site as an approved site in Salesforce. If you skip this step, you can still use GeniusLink, but you cannot relate articles to cases.
- In the setup screen, in the Administration Setup side bar, select Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
- In the All Remote Sites screen, click New Remote Site:
- Configure the fields as follows:
|Remote Site Name||Name of your MindTouch site (no spaces).|
|Remote Site URL||The (https) URL of your MindTouch site.|
|Disable Protocol Security||Disable site protocol security. (This may have security implications if value is disabled). Leave Unchecked.|
|Description||Description of the remote site (optional).|
|Active||Is the remote site connection active.|
- Save your settings.
Set up reports (if applicable)
Follow the steps in this article Create Reports in Salesforce to set up your reports.
Currently, reports are supported for the following objects:
- The Case object, using the "MindTouch Related Article" custom object.
- The Opportunity object, using the "MindTouch Related Article (Opp)" custom object.
Every time a MindTouch article is linked to a case or opportunity, a new custom object is created that can be reported on.
After completing these steps, we will configure the integration in the Salesforce Cloud environment that fits our need. Look to the articles in the below guide for how that should be accomplished.