Understand how to guide users to specific articles based on their search terms. Search recommendations allow you to boost articles to be featured as the first search result based on specific search terms. This article is most useful for content managers and site owners.
What are search recommendations?
Search recommendations help you serve particular pages to your users based on their search terms. This is helpful in case you happen to have content that is fresh and may not be as highly ranked for a given topic. As an admin, you can input queries and then link those queries to specific pages that will automatically get listed in the top position for that search. Here's how:
- Navigate to Site tools > Control panel.
- Under Systems Settings, click Search.
- Click Add a New Term.
- In the Search Terms text field, enter the search term you're targeting (this can be a single word or a single phrase, but not multiple terms and phrases).
- Enter the Page Location. It's OK to include http://yoursite.mindtouch.us or whatever root domain you have for your site in the full URL.
- In the Result Title field, give the result a title if you would rather override the title of the page you're linking to for this particular query.
- Click Save Changes.
- View the results in your control panel.
- If you don't like the results, select the search term you want to remove and click Delete.
- View the results in your content search.