In addition to offering complete version control, MindTouch offers complete document change control. MindTouch allows editors to attach permanent comments to document any changes made to content. Editor comments can be used to distinguish between multiple concurrent edits and keeping track of what sort of changes happened on a page. Editor comments are also useful in that they can be used to note why a change is made. Editor comments are displayed in a page's revision history and in
subscription notifications. If the page has been subscribed to, the subscription email will include the summary of the edit, so it is an ideal tool when keeping multiple people in the loop in a collaborative effort.
Add editor comments
- Open the page to be edited in Edit mode.
- Edit the page as necessary.
- At the bottom of the page, in the Edit summary text field, document your changes and click Save:
View editor comments
- Navigate to Options > Revision history.
- Locate your comments under the Revision summary column: