MindTouch allows you to create your own custom templates to achieve a branded look throughout your pages. You may want to use content templates to standardize elements of your page layout such as formatted recurring sections or formatted notes. Content templates can only be created and edited by authors, editors or administrators.
Updates to templates will not apply to preexisting pages. Any future changes to templates will only apply to new pages.
Access your template directory
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select Site tools > Dashboard.
- Under Content management, click Template directory.
- From the MindTouch toolbar, select New.
For ease of template management, we recommend organizing your templates in a hierarchy. We recommend creating a blank template named Template:<Your Company Name> to distinguish your templates from MindTouch templates and to organize your templates underneath. In the above list, for example, the pages Template:Custom, Views, BlankArticle are blank templates and merely help to categorize and organize the Community and ProMember templates in the list.
Create your template
- Name your content template.
- Enter the formatted text that is to function as template (i.e. formatted notes, headers, text, etc.).
- Click Save.
- Navigate to your Template: directory and locate your newly created template. Note that the Type column is blank.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the template's properties.
- Change the template Type to Content and click Update template properties.
- The template is now designated as a Content template.
Do not make changes to any of the templates in the /Template:MindTouch hierarchy. MindTouch templates are overwritten weekly and any changes made to templates in that hierarchy are unsupported and may break your site.
Now that you have created a content template learn how to use your content templates to insert your pre-formatted snippets.