This page applies to:MindTouch Responsive
Although MindTouch strongly urges to use an authoring workflow that uses drafts, there are use cases that do not allow for draft authoring. If a company's workflow does not support drafts, MindTouch allows for an alternate workflow.
Set up your non-draft workflow
- Create a section (e.g. "Content In Progress" — do not name the section "Drafts" as that name could easily be confused with MindTouch draft pages).
- Set that section to Private so that Google cannot index and non-permissioned users cannot find.
- Add your users as Viewer in the control panel. At this point they cannot make any changes whatsoever.
- Create a group (or several groups) with Viewer permissions.
- Add your users to the newly created group.
- In the pages or sections in which you want the user group(s) to create or edit content, permission that group (via Options > Restrict access) as Author.
- Have editors and contributors subscribe to pages so that they are notified of changes.
- Create new content to the private section as live pages.
- Optionally use custom classifications such as "Edit," "Review," or "Publish" to indicate a page's workflow status and manage pages via the page classification manager.
- Once content is approved and edited, move content from this private section into live sections.