This page applies to:MindTouch Responsive
Some workflows require you to maintain an archive of older versions of documents (such as release notes). With its user-friendly copy function, MindTouch allows the maintenance and archiving of your document versions.
Set up version control
- Navigate to the most recent version of your page.
- Copy the page into the same hierarchy and rename as newest version.
- Set the newly copied page to Private (via Options > Restrict access).
- Have editors and contributors subscribe to the section in which the versions are housed so that they are notified of changes.
- Allow your contributors to make appropriate changes (if external users need access, permission the appropriate groups on the pages or sections).
- Have editors and contributors subscribe to the pages so that they are notified of changes.
- Optionally use custom classifications such as "Edit," "Review," or "Publish" to indicate a page's workflow status and manage pages via the page classification manager.
- Once the new version is approved, publish the page as Public, Semi-Public or Semi-Private, depending on your page restrictions.