Whether you intend to add a new category, guide or article, MindTouch allows you to easily add new pages to your site. Choose one of our default page templates or create your own custom page template to include.
Choose your new page template
- On the MindTouch toolbar, click New.
- Select one of the following page default templates or choose one of your own templates:
NOTE: A Blank page is simply a page with no preset text or formatting. If you create a new page using the Blank page option and save without adding any content, MindTouch will redirect anonymous users from your blank page to the homepage to ensure your end users don't encounter a blank page.
NOTE: To view the whole list of templates, select the Show all x available templates checkbox.
- Depending on whether you want to create the page live or as a draft, select either the Create live or Create draft radio button. (You will be able to publish the draft to your live site later.)
- Click Create.
Add content to your new page
- Title your page.
- Replace any instructional text with your content.
IMPORTANT! Do not remove the DekiScript codes or the "Tags recommended by the template..." line. Both determine how the page behaves.
- If applicable, add images, videos or tables to enhance your content.
- Click Save.
NOTE: The MindTouch editor is typical of other document creation applications you've used in the past. Use the editor to bold, italicize or edit your text as you would normally perform in a document creation application.
Configure new page settings
- Expand Page Settings (above your new title).
- Hover over the Add page summary field to display the page summary icon.
- Click the icon and enter a page summary.
IMPORTANT! The page summary is not only the first paragraph that is displayed on your page, it also is the description that is displayed in MindTouch and Google search results, so make sure to include valuable key words.
- Click Add page thumbnail to add the display icon for your category.
- Choose whether to display your category as Simple or Detailed (decide which option is better for you).
- Make sure that Article type is set to Category.
- If you have not yet set up any custom classifications, set a Stage value to help you later identify articles in certain stages of your workflow.
- Apply appropriate Tags to your article. NOTE: You must press Enter after entering each tag.
NOTE: Tags determine which articles MindTouch recommends at the bottom of your page, so keep tags consistent. The more tags related articles have in common, the more likely they will be recommended together.
Publish your draft
If you created your page in draft mode and are ready to publish the page to your live site, click Publish.
You created a page and realize you want to make some changes to your content. Click here to get tips on editing your page.