The how-to article is likely your most important asset to leverage in MindTouch. From providing step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish a specific task related to your product or service, to allowing your customers to self-serve and inevitably increasing your Web presence, the how-to article is the major component to turn your help content form a cost center to a revenue generator.
Create a new how-to page
- On the MindTouch toolbar, click New.
- Select the How-To template.
- Depending on whether you want to create the page live or as a draft, select either the Create live or Create draft radio button (you will be able to publish the draft to your live site later) and click Create.
Add content to your how-to article
- Title your page.
- Replace text with your content.
- If applicable, add images, videos or tables to enhance your content.
- Click Save.
The MindTouch editor is similar to other document creation applications you've used in the past. Use the editor to bold, italicize or edit your text as you would normally perform in a document creation application.
Configure how-to page settings
- Expand Page Settings (above your new title).
- Hover over the Add page summary field to display the page summary icon.
- Click the page summary icon and enter a page summary.
- Make sure that Article type is set to How-To.
- If you have not yet set up any custom classifications, set a Stage value to help you later identify articles in certain stages of your workflow.
- Apply appropriate Tags to your article. (You must hit Enter after entering each tag.
Publish your how-to draft
If you created your page in draft mode and are ready to publish the page to your live site, click Publish.
You created a page and realize you want to make some changes to your content. Click here to get tips on editing your page.