MindTouch tracks how your users are using your site by gathering daily metrics. These metrics are shown in a graph over your license period. Administrators can see if they are staying within their allotted license usage and gage how MindTouch is being used. Give MindTouch customers transparency in the value they create with daily reporting on usage and a metric for measuring help delivered to your users—the HelpRequest.
Access the usage report
- From the MindTouch toolbar, navigate to Site tools > Dashboard > Reporting.
- Click the HelpRequest usage link.
- Review the usage report:
(1) How many HelpRequests your MindTouch site has used to date.
(2) How many HelpRequests you are licensed for.
(3) Your projected usage of the license YTD.
(4) Your license start date.
(5) Your license end date.
(6) Graph of your HelpRequest usage.
(7) Allotted baseline usage. (Try to stay as close to this line as possible.)
(8) A breakdown of HelpRequests across various MindTouch products.
How does this compare to Google Analytics reports?
You may see higher numbers than in your Google Analytics report for three reasons:
- To provide the MindTouch help experience, along with page views, MindTouch also tracks PDF views and searches.
- If may you have set up IP filtering in your Google Analytics account. These requests are not filtered with HelpRequests.
- HelpRequests in general are a more thorough and direct analysis of the usage of your MindTouch site based on data directly from our API. Google Analytics do not track API usage.
Check out how to track usage of your custom API integration. If you have further questions about your MindTouch usage, please contact your account representative.