This article explains how to add users who will be authenticated via MindTouch to your site. While this article addresses how to add users individually, you can also add multiple users at one time.
How to add new users to your site
To add new users to your site, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Access the control panel
On the MindTouch toolbar, navigate to Site tools > Control panel.
Step 2: Add a new user
- In the control panel, under Users & Groups, select Users.
- Under Users & Groups, click Add New User.
Step 3: Set up the new user
- Enter the user's information:
- Username. Choose a unique username to identify your user. (Don't include spaces in your usernames or the search function may not work properly.)
- Display Name (optional). Enter a display name that will be shown throughout MindTouch in site elements such as in the Last updated byline.
- Email. Enter the user's email address that is to be used for automatic correspondence and notifications.
- Password. Leave blank if you prefer a system-generated password.
- Assign either the Community Member or Pro Member role.
- If you're adding the user as a pro member, choose the pro member's role from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add User and you're done!
Step 4: Have the user sign in
Once you add a new user, the user will receive a confirmation email containing the link to your site and a username and password. Remind the user to sign in to MindTouch and to reset the passwords by selecting the "forgot password" option at login.