A community is made up of a group of users, so naturally before you can begin creating your MindTouch community you will want to create users, set passwords, activate accounts and define roles. Your users can be added either on an individual basis or you can add multiple users all at one time.
Add a new user
- On the MindTouch toolbar, navigate to Site tools > Control panel.
- In the control panel, under Users & Groups select Users.
- Click Add New User.
- Enter the new user's information:
- Choose a unique Username to identify your user. Tip: Don't include spaces in your usernames to ensure that the search function will work properly.
- Include an optional Display Name. The display name is shown throughout MindTouch in lieu of the username in site elements such as in the Last updated byline.
- Enter the user's Email address. The user's email address is used for automatic correspondence and notifications.
- Enter a user Password.
- Assign the user as either a Community Member or a Pro Member.
- If you're adding a pro member, choose the pro member's role from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add User and you're done!
- Once you've entered your new users' information and clicked Add User, your users will receive a confirmation email. The confirmation email contains a link to your site, the username and a password for access. Remind users to reset their passwords by select the "forgot password" option at login.