MindTouch F1 contextual help allows you to add contextual help, served directly from your MindTouch site, within your application, site, and anywhere that you need to serve help content to your users.
MindTouch F1 contextual help
MindTouch F1 contextual help allows users to see MindTouch content wherever F1 is deployed including within an Application or a site. Not only do the articles show within the site, but also images and videos so that your users don't have to leave the Application/Site to get the help they need.
At the top of the F1 dialog, the user has 5 options to navigate through the F1 dialog:
- Back allows the user to navigate to the previous article in F1 if they clicked on a link or navigated to a new location in the dialog.
- Forward allows the user to return to a page that they visited after they selected Back.
- Home will take the user to the Home Page for your MindTouch site.
- Open Article will open the current article that you are looking at in a new browser Tab/Window and surface through the MindTouch site.
- Search allows the user to search for any article within MindTouch and then view the article within F1 (see more about search below).
Searching in F1 contextual help
Not only can users view articles within F1, but they also have the ability to search within the F1 dialog so that they can find and view articles without leaving your application:
Before purchasing an SSL for your custom domain, there a few considerations to take into account. All MindTouch sites require the usage of an SSL certificate. A shared SSL is included for all MindTouch.Us domains: https://*.mindtouch.us
Configuring an SSL with a Custom Domain
When configuring your MindTouch site with a custom domain (e.g., "help.domain.com") as well as an SSL for your custom domain, the complimentary https://*.mindtouch.us domain will no longer redirect to your custom domain. If your site is utilizing a custom domain without an SSL, then the complimentary https://*.mindtouch.us domain will redirect accordingly.
MindTouch requires that SSL certificates be SHA-256 compatible. Please be sure your SSL is created with this encryption level support.
SSL providers often times request what type of web server the SSL will need to be generated for; in these instances choose an option for Apache.
SSL connections are required for all MindTouch sites. If your site is not utilizing a custom domain you can reference the shared SSL available for https://*.mindtouch.us.
If your site is using a custom domain then you will need to configure an SSL for your custom domain and reference your custom domain over HTTPS.
SSL Required? Yes
Follow the links below to setup and configure F1 contextual help for your site.