MindTouch allows you to edit your template properties (the template name, description, or template type) via the dashboard.
- Navigate to Site Tools > Dashboard > Site Administration > Template Directory.
- Find your template and select the pencil icon.
- Update template properties as necessary:
- Title. Update your template title.
- Description. Give a short description of your template to let authors who create new pages know when they should be using the template.
- Type. Choose the template type.
- Default templates are referenced by other templates for inclusion but aren't surfaced in the Insert Template dialog or the New page dialog. These are useful when you want to reference a certain component in multiple templates and typically used for more advanced use cases.
- New Page templates will show in the New page creation dialog so that you can create a new page based on the template.
- Content templates are displayed in the editor through the Insert Template option.