MindTouch automatically creates responsive tables when tables are added to a page. Responsive tables ensure your users can access your product data conveniently on any screen without having to scroll sideways on any mobile device. User-friendly viewing encourages engagement and buyer research.
How to add a table to your page
Step 1: Add a table
- Open your page in Edit mode.
- In the editor, click the Table icon.
- Highlight the number of rows and columns you want to appear in your table.
You can always add and remove more rows or columns later
Step 2: Enter data
- Click inside a cell to add data.
- Navigate through the cells of your table as you would with any other editor:
- Click Tab on your keyboard to navigate to the adjacent cell to the right. If you are at the end of a row (to the far right) your cursor will move to the next row below.
- Use SHIFT+TAB to navigate to the nearest cell to the left. If you are at the beginning of a row (to the far left), your cursor will move to the row above.
- Use your arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate up, down, left or right to the cells adjacent to where your cursor is.
- (Optional) Use the buttons on the toolbar to add text formatting (e.g. font, size, color), links, bullets, and images.
To change the background color of a cell, click on the Background Color icon shown above. To change the background for multiple cells, highlight the cells and click the icon.
Step 3: Add or remove rows and columns
- At the top of the table column, click the left or right arrows to add columns to the right or left of the cell respectively.
- Decide that you didn't want that column? Navigate your cursor to the column you want to remove, click the x above the cell and see it gone!
Adding rows works just the same.
- And so does adding columns.
Now that you have added a table to your page, check out how to edit table properties.