You can assign 6 Seated Member roles with associated permissions to users.
Seated Members are a user type that can contribute to content.
- Role availability
- Roles and Page Privacy
- Control Panel role only applies to pages set as Public.
- Assign roles at the page level for pages set to Semi-Public, Semi-Private, or Private.
- Admin assigned in Control Panel cannot have content restrictions at the page level.
- Admin role assigned on a page level cannot access Control Panel or Dashboard functions.
Seated Member roles
- Rarely used Control Panel role for users who can log in but not view any content by default
- Assign page-level role of Viewer or higher to be able to view content.
- Access content
- Draft Contributor
- Create and edit drafts of new and existing pages
- Only available on the current version of Expert
- Publish content
- Manage content permissions for others and delete pages
- Full control over site administration if assigned in Control Panel
- Full control over content if assigned on page or section
Permissions for each role
Content functions impact a user's ability to view, find (via Expert search and navigation), and create / edit content.
Control Panel functions
Only the Admin role can access Control Panel.