Access Template Directory
From the MindTouch toolbar, navigate to Site Tools > Dashboard > Site Administration > Template Directory.
Pro Members with role of Author, Editor, or Admin can create and edit templates. Only Admin role can edit template properties.
Any changes to templates under
/Template:MindTouch except for
/IDF/Pages/ are not supported and may break site functionality.
Template Directory Enhancement (Release 2019-10-24)
To make the Template Directory easier to use, we provided user friendly display titles to templates under Template:Custom and restricted access to internal templates under /Template:MindTouch hierarchy, except: /IDF3/Pages/, /IDF2/Pages/, /IDF/Pages/.
The templates that are longer be accessible are already managed by MindTouch and overwritten during weekly releases. Contact the Support Team with any questions regarding this change.
Template:Custom/Views/AuthenticationProviders renamed to Multiple Identity Provider Sign-In Page
Template:Custom/Views/BlankArticle renamed to Live Placeholder
Template:Custom/Views/BlankArticle/Community renamed to Community Member Live Placeholder
Template:Custom/Views/BlankArticle/ProMember renamed to Pro Member Live Placeholder
Template:Custom/Views/ContentFooter renamed to Page Content Footer
Template:Custom/Views/ContentHeader renamed to Page Content Header
Template:Custom/Views/ContentSide renamed to Page Content Side
Template:Custom/Views/Footer renamed to Site Footer
Template:Custom/Views/Header renamed to Site Header
Template:Custom/Views/Login renamed to Sign-In Page
Template:Custom/Views/PageNotFound renamed to 404 Page Not Found
Template:Custom/Views/PDFPageFooter renamed to PDF Page Footer
Template:Custom/Views/PDFPageHeader renamed to PDF Page Header
Template:Custom/Views/PDFTocFooter renamed to PDF Table of Contents Footer
Template:Custom/Views/PDFTocHeader renamed to PDF Table of Contents Header
Template:Custom/Views/Welcome renamed to Welcome Page
Template:Custom/Views/Welcome/Community renamed to Community Member Welcome Page
Template:Custom/Views/Welcome/ProMember renamed to Pro Member Welcome Page
Out-of-box custom template list
template:Custom/Views are intended to customize your site.
- Multiple Identity Provider Sign-In Page - Multiple Identity Provider Sign-In Page Content
- Live Placeholder - content that displays on live placeholder pages
- Community Member Live Placeholder
- Pro Member Live Placeholder
- Page Content Footer - Content branding region for Page Content Footer
- Page Content Header - Content branding region for Page Content Header
- Content Side - Content branding region for Content side (legacy MindTouch versions)
- Site Footer - Footer Template
- Site Header - Header Template
- Sign-In Page - Sing-in Template
- 404 Page Not Found - 404 Page Not Found Template
- PDF Page Footer - PDF page footer
- PDF Page Header - PDF page header
- PDF Table of Contents Footer - PDF table of contents page footer
- PDF Table of Contents Header - PDF table of contents page header
- Welcome Page - content that displays on welcome pages
- Community Member Welcome Page
- Pro Member Welcome Page
Frequently configured custom templates types
How to use or reference out-of-box templates
Optional parameters and use cases for individual templates may vary from one template to another.
Templates in MindTouch may be referenced in other templates, for example: template('MindTouch/IDF3/Views/Guide').
To reference a template, include the exact template name within the template() call wrapped in double quotes in a Dekiscript field. The referenced template name can be formated as
Avoid direct references to out-of-box MindTouch templates to prevent over-written changes from breaking custom functionality. The best way to reference out-of-box MindTouch templates for use in other templates is to copy the desired template into the Custom hierarchy of the Template Directory and reference the copy instead of the original out-of-box version.
MindTouch Support is not responsible to customize or debug custom templates even if copied from an out-of-box MindTouch template.
Template management tips
- For ease of template management, create a blank template (for example, Template:<Your Company Name>) under which to create your template groups and templates.
- To create new templates with similar elements or template type, select an existing similar template and make a copy to modify instead of creating a new template.