Configure your site settings via the MindTouch Control Panel.
The control panel is accessible to admin users only.
- Navigate to your configuration settings in the Control Panel.
- Under Organization / Company, provide the following information to help MindTouch generate the metadata for Google SEO:
- The name of your organization: Allows Google to associate your MindTouch site with your company.
- The URL of your organization's primary website: Allows Google to associate your MindTouch site with your company site.
- The URL of your organization's logo: Aassociates your company's logo to every page of your MindTouch site.
- Under Site Options, set the privacy level of your site:
- Allow anyone to create a community member account: Anonymous users can view your entire site and can self-register for an account.
- Make site private (users must sign in): Your entire is site private and only logged in users can view or access information. Making a site private is not recommended because private sites cannot be indexed by Google. Instead, you can privatize sections as needed.
- Disable page notifications: All page notifications are disabled across your entire site, even if users subscribe to page notification.
- Disable page ratings for anonymous users: Anonymous users cannot rate pages (if your site is set to public).
- Under Site Name, enter the name for your site as you want it to appear in browser tabs.
- Under Site Description, enter a description of your site to be displayed by search engines and social networks. Site descriptions allow web search engines to categorize and rank your site. Make sure to include keywords for which you want to rank with search engines such as Google.
- Under Site Timezone, set the time zone that appears on various interfaces such as in the site's revision history, site history and reports.
- Under Email Address for User Feedback, specify the email address to which user page ratings and feedback are sent. By default, feedback is sent to the site owner's inbox.
- Under Page notifications "Reply-To" Email Address, specify the email address to which page notifications are sent. All emails originate from "email@example.com", but when a user chooses to reply to an email, the email will return to the email address specified in the "reply-to" field.
- Under Custom Help Link, enter a Label to change the default title of your help link (set to "Support" by default) and enter the URL of the help link where you wish to redirect users when clicked.
- Click Save to save your site settings.