Why Protect Your Site?
A successful Denial of Service (DoS) attack can degrade your user experience or block access to your site, leading to:
- Slow or non-responsive load times
- Negative customer and employee experiences
- Increased Support calls
- Loss of reputation and trust
- Increased costs for infrastructure and IT / security staff
What is Denial of Service?
A DoS attack occurs when a malicious threat prevents legitimate users from accessing network resources. This is accomplished by flooding the targeted host or network with traffic until the target cannot respond.
Denial of Service (DoS) attacks are evolving. Each year they become faster, more sophisticated, stronger, and have larger targets. Any industry can be affected, and top targets include telecommunications, software, healthcare, and e-commerce.
Intelligent DoS Protection
Expert monitors traffic to your site, Touchpoints, and Expert API integrations. We actively block attempts to disrupt your instance while allowing access to site administrators, authors, and consumers. In the event of a DoS attack, we automatically minimize attempts to disrupt the service. This gives you the stability to provide best-in-class user experiences while we ensure your site stays up and available.
- We monitor traffic to Expert services (sites, Touchpoints, and APIs) 24/7.
- Our automated system responds when a malicious attempt first occurs.
- Expert and Amazon (AWS) teams protect the service during an attack to keep it available.
- We notify customers as we handle the attack, detailing the incident and confirming that it has been resolved.