- All MindTouch sites require an SSL certificate - add SSL certification to your MindTouch site.
- Custom domains: When configuring your MindTouch site with a custom domain (e.g.
help.domain.com) and an SSL for your custom domain, the complimentary
https://*.mindtouch.usdomain will no longer redirect to your custom domain. If your site is utilizing a custom domain without an SSL, then the complimentary
https://*.mindtouch.usdomain will redirect accordingly.
- Encryption: MindTouch requires that SSL certificates be SHA-256 compatible. Please be sure your SSL is created with this encryption level support.
- Server type: If SSL providers ask which type of web server the SSL needs to be generated for, choose an option for Apache.
- HTTPS: To ensure all of your site traffic is secure, once your new domain is in place along with your SSL, all traffic is forced to HTTPS.
The most common SSL covers a single domain such as
Subject Alternate Name (SAN) SSL certificates can contain several domains such as
help.domain.com. SAN certificates are not the same as Wildcard SSL certificates. Wildcards cover all subdomains (e.g.
If you are using MindTouch for Salesforce integrations, a specific Subject Alternate Name (SAN) SSL certificate is required.