Having a strong password reduces the chance of someone guessing your password and increases the security on your site.
- Administrators can set passwords in the control panel, either when initially adding a user or when editing a user
- Whether as part of password management or to follow your company's security guidelines, eventually you may be required to change your password
Reset a password
If your user account was created as a single sign-on user (password fields will be grayed out for you), contact your site administrator to change your password.
- On the MindTouch site toolbar, click your user icon and select My preferences.
- Enter your old and new passwords.
- The password must be at least eight (8) characters in length.
- The password must contain at least two (2) of the following characters: lowercase, uppercase, number or symbol.
- MindTouch does not recognize underscores _ as special characters.
- The password cannot contain common dictionary words. Use a password generator such as strongpasswordgenerator.com or create variations of words with symbols and numbers, e.g. p@$$w0rd.
- Passwords are case sensitive.
When entering a password, icons indicate if you have met the requirements. A green checkmark indicates requirements are met; a yellow triangle indicates requirements are not met.