This feature will be available to all new sites and customers on the latest Expert version.
Key Features and Functionality
Find & Replace allows Admins to:
- Edit up to 20 variations of a word or phrase at once
- Select which instances of the word to replace
- Review changes to ensure the edits make sense
- View pages that have not been updated
- Undo an edit
Page titles, URLs, and DekiScript cannot be edited. These instances will appear in query results during the Find phase so you can edit them manually. This is to maintain healthy page functionality, SEO, and page redirects.
Find & Replace saves time, minimizes mistakes, and improves the overall customer and agent experience.
Save time and effort
Reduce the time needed to manually search for each instance of a word, then navigate to the correct page and change the text, often thousands of times.
Replace all instances of a word with one click, even when editing long articles or thousands of pages.
Never miss a word because you were searching page-by-page.
Review proposed changes before committing so you know what you are replacing and if the edit makes sense.
Create better experiences for users
Edit content to update current knowledge immediately for maximum accuracy.
Improve employee experience (EX) by making work easier, faster, and less prone to error.
Perform a Find & Replace inside the application.
- Changing product or company names
- Updating wording to be more inclusive
- Directing users to a specific staff member or department
How it Works
- Start a job by going to Dashboard > Content Tools > Find & Replace.
- Choose the sections of the site you want to search, and whether you want to search summaries, content, or both.
- Enter the words or phrases you want to replace in the Find what text field, and the terms to replace them with in the Replace with field, then click the Find instances button
- The system will notify you once the job is complete, and if any instances could not be replaced.
- You can cancel an In Progress job by clicking the Cancel button within the job progress screen.
- You can undo a Completed job by clicking the Attempt undo all* button on the completed job screen.
You will receive system notifications via email when:
- Find & Replace finishes a job
- Any instances of a word you selected were not replaced
- Any pages you selected were not updated
Users can view and download reports of their jobs, which include:
- Date and time
- Words that were replaced
- Number of instances for each word
- Page Titles and URLs where instances appeared
- Whether the page was updated
- Reason (if not updated)
Admins can see all In Progress and Completed jobs, and navigate to the results page to see what words have been replaced, where, and by whom.
The report will only contain information on pages that contained instances of the words that were found, even if they didn't update them. For example, if a page had 6 instances of a word but wasn't replaced because it had a draft, that would be reported.